Thursday, March 4, 2010

Sleep Deprived

The human body feels hundreds of emotions in random order and succession, without a thought, everyday. However, when one slows down and actually feels their emotions, one by one... they take over your mind, consuming your thoughts and actions.

I have slowed down. There is only emotion or feeling that is present in my mind; exhaustion. As my eyes begin to droop and squint and my jaw, unclenched, hangs relaxed, I know that I am exhausted. You see, I know I am exhausted because the soft, clean smell of sheets, pillows and blankets finds my naval cavity and consumes my brain I know I am exhausted when an abrupt, clean, minty taste fills my mouth, consuming my taste buds. I understand that I am exhausted when every muscle and joint in my body melts into my pillow-top double bed. Exhaustion has consumed me when I am alone in a dark, calm room, alone with my energetic thoughts. I am exhausted when my stubborn eyelids slump together and my rhythmic breathing sets it's pace. I am no longer exhausted because now... I am asleep. Goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment