Thursday, May 20, 2010

Creatively Prompted Blog

Discuss a joyous moment.

I love the moment right after I finish dancing. The moment where the feelings of exhilaration and pure bliss fills my mind and body. When I dance with everything I have and am left completely exhausted but still radiating happiness. These joyous moments happen almost every time I dance; whether I am in the studio, taking class or on stage performing for an audience. I recently learned in Biology 12 that these joyous moments might just be caused by an influx of endorphins blocking nerve impulses in my brain... However, I believe that these moments come from a place inside, a place of happiness and pride; which create an irreplaceable feeling. These moments cause my cheeks to flush pink in excitement and a wide smile to spread across my face. The reason I have continued dancing since the age of three is solely because of these moments. As June twelfth, my last day of competitive dancing is coming quickly, I find myself wondering...'Am I ever going to experience moments like these again?'.

No comments:

Post a Comment